What are Fresh-Frozen Slow-Cooker Entrees?
Fresh-Frozen Slow-Cooker Entrees (FFSCE) are healthy convenient entrees for people on the go, or for busy families. FFSCE feed 4 to 6 people. However, with fewer people to feed (maybe it is just you), enjoy easy leftovers, easy meal-prep for lunches, or simply freeze the portion not eaten.
Each FFSCE provides a main dish with sauce, spices, diced veggies for flavor (optional), and approximately 32 ounces (2 pounds) of meat in the chicken and ground beef recipes. The vegetarian/vegan entrees consist of approximately 5 cups of beans, along with spices, sauce, and diced veggies for flavor.
We currently have 5 Chicken Breast Recipes, 5 Ground Beef Entrees, and 4 Vegetarian/Vegan Entrees. The boneless, skinless chicken breast recipes have 2 meat options, either 100% natural or organic chicken breast. The ground beef recipes have 3 meat options, 80/20%, or 96/4%, or grass-fed ground beef. All meat and recipe ingredients are purchased from 3 places (depending on their available stock): the Kroger/Ruler Grocery Store, Aldi Grocery Store, or Arcola Country Store, near Arthur, Illinois.
Pricing for FFSCE ranges from $20.00 to $40.00, depending on protein choice (see pricing page for more details). Meat choices are boneless, skinless chicken breast, 80/20% lean ground beef, 96% lean ground beef, organic boneless skinless chicken breasts, and organic grass-fed ground beef.
As with Custom Individual Meals and the Healthy Bakes, Janette transforms traditional recipes into fantastic healthy creations from whole foods and simple ingredients, absent of highly processed ingredients, and gluten-free. Janette creates her own sauces, and never uses packet seasonings, always from scratch, and sugar is never added.
Pictures are examples of 4 of our 14 Fresh-Frozen Slow-Cooker Entrees
Packaging Process for Fresh-Frozen Slow-Cooker Entrees:
The ingredients for FFSCE are placed in a quality one-gallon freezer bag, carefully sealed, and labeled in such a way that the “entree title” is easy to read, especially when several frozen entrees are stacked in the freezer. The label also includes the ingredients, directions for cooking, and of course, the macros.
It’s cooking made simple with minimal planning for you. A FFSCE will fill a 6-quart crock-pot about half full. Ground beef entrees need mixed with a Mix and Chop to separate the ground beef. If not, the beef will cook as one piece, like a meatloaf. Follow the directions on the label, for your easy lunch or supper meal. Frequently asked questions are located at the end of this page.
What is minimal planning?
Once you have your FFSCE delivery, let’s say you are going to have an extra busy Saturday or any day…….
- Select your entree, at least, by the night before your busy day.
- Place the frozen entree bag in the refrigerator to thaw 1 to 2 days BEFORE cooking.
- (Optional) Place a slow-cooker liner in your crock-pot for less mess, never any baked-on residue, and easy clean-up (at Walmart, usually on the bottom shelf, of baggie aisle).
- On the morning of your busy day, open the thawed FFSCE, place the contents in your crock-pot. Follow directions on the label, put the lid on, and forget it. Stir your entree prior to serving.
Serve these entrees with your favorite side-dishes. These are examples of 6 simple ways to serve your entree.
- Serve it as is, or with a side-salad.
- Add your entree to your favorite salad mix to have a gourmet meal-salad.
- Our favorite quick “go-to” side is simply spreading shredded lettuce, or baby spinach, or broccoli sprouts on a plate, and then adding our entree on-top. Voila!
- Use your entree as a hearty dip with raw veggies (like carrot sticks and celery), crackers, pork skins, or chips.
- Add broth to the entree to make a simple gourmet soup or stew.
- Serve your entree “next to”, or “on top of” rice, pasta, riced-cauliflower, lettuce wrap, a bun, a pita, a tortilla, or with your favorite veggies.
Order Process and Preparation for Fresh-Frozen Slow-Cooker Entrees:
FFSCE orders for EACH week, must be placed (submitted) by 7:00am on Tuesdays to be delivered 3 days later on Friday. Orders placed later, will be added to next week’s Master Order-List. Orders are time-stamped as they arrive to us. Orders will be prepared chronologically.
In the event, over 100 orders are placed in one week, order “101 and above” will receive a 10% discount and be notified that their orders will be prepared the following week.
Every Tuesday, at 7:30am, the Master Order-List is finalized, to initiate the fulfillment process. From the Master Order-List, the Master Grocery-List is created, then FFSCE labels are prepared, and groceries are hand-selected. The groceries are organized per order and the FFSCE prep-station is established. Each FFSCE is created, carefully sealed, labeled, and immediately placed in the freezer-holding area (at least 24 hours) to ensure thoroughly frozen, then transferred to the (pre-loading) deep-freeze storage area, until ready to load for delivery.
We have 3 delivery-rates for FFSCE and Gourmet Treats & Eats:
We hand deliver to your door, business, work, hotel, home, or designated delivery area. We currently deliver on FRIDAYS, from 8:00am to 4:00pm.
Once all orders for the week are placed by Tuesday at 7:00am, we determine a route for deliveries. On Wednesday (2 days before delivery), we will send you an estimated time of delivery. We hope to launch our “shipping option” within 6 months.
1. For deliveries of FFSCE, and Treats & Eats, beyond 50 miles, up to 100 miles from Flora IL, there is a $20 delivery-fee with a $50 minimum-order.
2. For deliveries to areas outside of Flora, within 50 miles, there is a $10 delivery-fee with a $25 minimum-order.
3. Deliveries within the Flora area are FREE, with a $25 minimum-order.
What are Gourmet Treats & Eats?
Are you cutting carbs, diabetic, have a gluten sensitivity, or simply trying to cut back on sugar? Do you miss having fresh baked-goods, like cheesecake, pies, and cupcakes? Below is a menu, with low-carb desserts, many are LESS than 1 NET-CARB!
Janette’s Gourmet Treats & Eats were created for you! Janette does not add sugar to any of her recipes. She doesn’t even store sugar or standard flour in her family kitchen or commercial kitchen. In addition, these homemade low-carb (low sugar) Treats & Eats are gluten-free and absent of highly processed ingredients, chemicals, and additives. These treats are the desserts that Janette makes for her family. All Treats & Eats freeze beautifully!
Click on the order form below, to view more details about our cheesecake, pies, and cupcakes. All cupcakes and cheesecake have the 2018 calculated Weight Watcher Points listed on the label. Most of our pies are custard-based with an abundance of healthy fats, which raises the Weight Watcher Points to 8, making them not so friendly for my WW Clients. Therefore, we did not list WWP on our pie labels.
Cheesecakes and Pies are 9-inch treats that serve 6 to 8 people. Cheesecakes and pies do NOT come sliced. Macros are listed for 8 servings. We currently have 7 pies to choose from and all pies, FOR A LIMITED TIME are sold for $20.00 each. Pumpkin pie is coming soon! Our cheesecake is a classic decadent flavor and texture, sold for $25.00 each.
My Clean Cupcakes are currently available with 5 toppings to choose from: glaze (no sprinkles), pecans, mini dark chocolate chips, glitter (my sugar-free homemade recipe), and cinnamon-sugar(not). More pictures are coming soon! Cupcakes are a standard traditional size. Each label includes the toppings and Weight Watcher Points! All cupcakes have a base of a moist vanilla-rum cake, topped with a thick, yet light-tasting, flavored vanilla-rum glaze. For orders of 1-DOZEN or more, you can MIX & MATCH in quantities of 6 cupcakes. Yummy! Our cupcakes are $18.00 per half-dozen.
Click the above link to see our Fresh-Frozen Slow-Cooker Entrees and Treats and Eats ORDER FORM. (Macros and descriptions of each choice are provided, along with “more pictures”. In addition, our Gourmet Treats & Eats are located in the last section of this order form.)
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Do FFSCE taste like left-overs?
FFSCE cook for the first time out of the freezer and do not taste like leftovers. What? The meat is raw and touching the vegetables? I assure you, extensive research and verification of safe food-prep processes were confirmed and practiced to ensure health and safety codes.
2. Is it safe to freeze raw meats and veggies together?
According to the USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service, freezing to 0 °F inactivates any microbes present in food (such as bacteria, yeasts, and molds). That means freezing raw meat with vegetables, sauces, and spices is perfectly safe.
3. How long can a FFSCE be stored in a deep freeze?
They can be stored in a deep freeze for 3-6 months. A deep freeze typically maintains its temperature more efficiently because the door is not opened as often as a standard frig/freezer combo.
4. How long can a FFSCE be stored in a standard fridge/freezer combo?
They can be stored for at least 3 months in a a standard fridge/freezer combo.
5. If I choose to purchase several FFSCE, how do I store them to optimize my freezer space?
To optimize freezer space, store your FFSCE in a vertical stack or in a horizontal row (as pictured in the photos on this page).
6. What is the safest way to thaw a FFSCE?
There are three safe ways to thaw food: in the refrigerator, in cold water, or in the microwave. It is best to plan ahead for slow thawing in the refrigerator. Place your FFSCE into the refrigerator 1 to 2 days before cooking. Small items may defrost overnight, but most food and frozen dishes require a day or two. The FFSCE does NOT have to be 100% thawed in the morning of your planned cook day, and will still cook safely in your crock-pot.
7. How long can an unopened FFSCE be left in the refrigerator before it must be cooked?
Since it typically takes 2 days to thaw, on day 5, either cook or refreeze the unopened FFSCE.
8. Once the FFSCE has been cooked, can the “cooked” leftovers be frozen?
After cooking raw foods, which were previously frozen, it is safe to freeze the cooked leftovers.
9. Once the FFSCE has been cooked, how long can the cooked leftovers be stored in the refrigerator?
If the leftovers are going to be refrozen, freeze leftovers within 3-4 days. Do not refreeze any foods left outside the refrigerator longer than 2 hours; 1 hour in temperatures above 90 °F. If not going to refreeze, eat refrigerated leftovers within 3-4 days.
10. How does freezing affect the texture, taste, and nutrition of the dish?
FFSCE are frozen without any cooking ahead of time, therefore the texture and taste is not changed. FFSCE taste exactly the same as freshly-prepared meals. According to the USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service, the freezing process does not break down nutrients and the nutritional value should only be affected minimally.
11. How long should a FFSCE be cooked in a slow cooker/crock-pot?
Most recipes will cook in 6 hours in a 6-quart crock-pot, or 8 hours in a 4-quart crock-pot, but every crock-pot is different. Experiment and get to know yours. Slow-cookers work best when filled at least 1/3 full but no more than 2/3 full.
12. Can I still receive a delivery if I live 100 miles, about 2 hours from Flora?
Yes! We have 3 delivery-rates.
*1) For deliveries of FFSCE, Healthy Bakes, and Gourmet Treats & Eats, beyond 50 miles, up to 100 miles from Flora, there is a $20 delivery-fee with a $50 minimum-order.
*2) For deliveries to areas outside of Flora, within 50 miles, there is a $10 delivery-fee with a $25 minimum-order.
*3) Deliveries within the Flora area are FREE, with a $25 minimum-order.
13. My friends and I would love to order several of the FFSCE and your Treats & Eats. We live slightly beyond the 100 mile radius, is there any way we can still receive a delivery?
Yes! We have another small group of clients that live 150 miles from Flora, but order each month. We arrange a destination within our 100 mile radius, and they designate someone to pickup the deliveries. Also, since it is one delivery destination, even though there are 4 separate orders, the delivery fee is simply $20. These clients split the $20 delivery fee between the 4 of them. It works out very well for all of us.
14. I live on a ranch in Nevada, is “shipping your products” an option that you will offer in the near future?
Yes! We are currently researching the details to efficiently implement our shipping plan. We hope to launch the shipping option in the near future.
So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do,
do everything to the glory of God.
1 Corinthians: 10-31